Saturday, April 2, 2011

Multiple Personalities: Camden

I decided to go off on my own and explore the Camden area of London today. It was beautiful out today; about 65 degrees and sunny for most of the day. I've never been to a place that has so many different personalities. I saw suburban areas, different cultural inspirations, and some crazy outfits. This place was really cool. The Camden Stables are now a market. They used to be horse stables, along with a horse hospital when horses were needed in London for transport and pulling barges, etc. Its crazy how people find their way around here, but somehow I did! (Luckily I literally ran into my friend Dylan and we stopped and held each other for a little bit...no but really we did- it was a bit overwhelming being there alone.) I got out of the tube at Chalk Farm Road, and walked until I got to Camden Town tube stop. Here's everything in between. Amazing.

Homes in the area




Wall Mural

Entrance to the stables




Fresh squeezed OJ


Just an example of all the different jewelry places

PROUD Camden- Old horse hospital transformed into a BAR!

Each stall is decorated differently, and they can be rented out

Another stall


Dylan checking out the "Colonial Williamsburg" Lady

The canal

Dylan caught me struggling to find my phone in my abyss of a purse... if I looked frazzled it's because I was.

Mobs


No comments:

Post a Comment