Friday, January 28, 2011

First Fashion PR Class!

F21 Faux Leather Skirt, Scarf, H&M denim top, Madewell boots
I had my first Fashion Public Relations class today; I’m already realizing that is what I want to do when I graduate. I LOVE IT.  In class we learned about how much PR has to do with all different aspects of the fashion industry. For this class the Learning Outcomes are:
1.       Construct a press release
2.       Discern the difference between good and mediocre images for press promotion
3.       Plan a press launch
4.       Gain knowledge of essential presentation skills and how to break into the industry
5.       Gain basic styling skills.
Our first project will be a PRESS LAUNCH, with an invitation, press pack (with a press release, and a defining image), a goody bag, and refreshments. I can't wait to do the image part, we have to style and shoot an image and it must have a strong thread of identity and tie in with the invitation and release. It will also be used for editorial. I’m pretty sure Alessia is coming to London to visit in March so I can’t to work with her for my editorial!!! I’ll keep updates on this project because I know it will be my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment