Thursday, January 20, 2011

First week of classes @ LCF

Hello! So far I’ve gone to all of my classes except Fashion PR which starts next week. I’m taking British Cultural Studies, Historical and Contemporary Fashion studies, Fashion Marketing, Fashion Forecasting, Visual Merchandising, and Fashion Public Relations this semester at LCF. I’ve only been to each class once, but so far I really like all of them. In Marketing we’ll be doing a formal marketing report on a European Fashion company that we will hopefully be able to add to our business portfolio. I think I might do Topshop. I have to do some more research though. We also need to do some research for our Visual Merchandising class, because we’ll be learning to do a store audit and actually be able to create some displays on our own!
            My teacher said today in VM “we need to make an environment that takes the customer on a journey through the store, so they forget where they are, and leave with a product”… I found that to be such a funny but true quote. I was in Topshop today for about two and a half hours and I bought about 4 new things. (I’ll post pictures later). I’ll continue to post things about my classes as they get more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment